DevTools is a suite of performance and debugging tools for Dart and flutter. It’s currently in beta release but is under active development. In today’s article, we will go through how to Remove Dart DevTools. Previously we have studied What is a typedef In Dart, now let’s jump right into this.
How to Remove Dart DevTools?
To disable DevTools:
Open VS Code settings and search for Dart: Open Dev Tools and set it to never. (Removing “dart.openDevTools“: “flutter” from settings.json should work too)
To uninstall/remove DevTools, you can run:
- pub global deactivate devtools (if you have a pub on your path)
- or flutter pub global deactivate devtools (if you have flutter on your path)
Try to run this command :
flutter pub global deactivate devtools
Follow these steps:
- First, go to extension in VS Code and select Dart Extension
- Now click on Setting Icon
- Now search Dart: Dev Tools Port in the search bar. Now click on the setting icon of Dart: Dev Tools Port Then click on Reset Setting.
The Dart extension activates using pub, so the correct way to remove it is:
pub global deactivate devtools
- Go to Settings and change the Open Dev Tools Settings to never. If asked after running the app, select Don’t Ask again.
So in this article, we have been through how to Remove Dart DevTools.
Keep Learning !!! Keep Fluttering !!!
Let us know if you have any Doubts!! We are here for you 🙂
Don’t forget to drop your valuable suggestions/Feedback in the comments.
FlutterAgency.com is our portal Platform dedicated to Flutter Technology and Flutter Developers. The portal is full of cool resources from Flutter like Flutter Widget Guide, Flutter Projects, Code libs and etc.
FlutterAgency.com is one of the most popular online portals dedicated to Flutter Technology and daily thousands of unique visitors come to this portal to enhance their knowledge of Flutter.