When users install and configure a Flutter SDK for the first time user needs to points to SDK Folder Path for Future Projects. So in this article, we will go through How to Get Path Of a Flutter SDK?
How to Configure Flutter SDK?
To Configure Flutter SDK Kindly follow the below steps.
- Download the SDK and point the SDK folder path in your future projects. User can also give try different sources like below:
- You can clone it from the Github Repository
- Download SDK zip file + extract it after downloading
- You can also download any version(including older) from here (For Mac, Windows, Linux)
Use the SDK path in your future projects
To get a complete path to Flutter. Kindly go through the below projects.
If you have already installed a Flutter SDK.
flutter doctor -v
The first line will show the install path.
Download flutter from FLUTTER or clone from master git clone -b master https://github.com/flutter/flutter.git
If you installed flutter via the Snap on linux then the SDK is likely to be in.
once the user Downloads SDK Unzip the file. Copy it to a better place. Your Flutter SDK path should be a_better_place/flutter. These would be used in tools such as VSCode or Android Studio.
For the command line, you would add a_better_place/flutter/bin. Such as export PATH=a_better_place/flutter/bin:$PATH
- Check your echo $PATH to point to the correct folder. Use export PATH=”$PATH:$HOME/flutter/bin” or whatever you need (and you can also include this into your ~/.bashrc or ~/.zshrc). Use source ~/.bashrc to update it without exiting the current terminal window.
- Check your Android Studio (v3.6) Flutter SDK path to point to the right folder.
- Flutter Clean will clean the build/ folder with old paths.
- Flutter Doctor just to make sure everything is installed in the OS correctly.
after that, you should be able to flutter run which will build a new app.
All you need to do is get a folder All you need to do is to find a folder called “flutter” (lowercase), which is located inside a folder called “Flutter” (uppercase), select it, and browse it.
Generally, it is located at
We will get output like below:
In this article, We have been through How to Get Path Of a Flutter SDK?
Thanks for being with us a Flutter Journey !!!
FlutterAgency.com is our portal Platform dedicated to Flutter Technology and Flutter Developers. The portal is full of cool resources from Flutter like Flutter Widget Guide, Flutter Projects, Code libs and etc.
FlutterAgency.com is one of the most popular online portal dedicated to Flutter Technology and daily thousands of unique visitors come to this portal to enhance their knowledge on Flutter.