When users install and configure a Flutter SDK for the first time user needs to points to the SDK Folder path for future projects. So in this article, we will go through How to downgrade Flutter SDK.
How to Downgrade Flutter SDK ??
Flutter is versioned using git. changing the flutter version is as simple as changing the git branch. There are 2 different ways:
flutter channel <branch>
Example: flutter channel stable
- This command is used to change between branches – usually stable/dev/beta/master. we can also put a specific commit id from git.
flutter version <version>
Example: flutter version v1.2.1
- This command will use a specific version number. You can have the list of the available version numbers using the flutter version or click here
- After this, run any flutter command such as flutter doctor, and flutter will take care of downloading/compiling everything required to run this version.
- So now, Run the following command to see a list of available versions.
Then choose a version you want to switch to by running
flutter version v1.2.1
To undo and revert back to the stable.
flutter channel stable flutter upgrade
In the Flutter install directory execute:
git checkout v0.1.9
So you can check which versions are available in the flutter GitHub repository https://github.com/flutter/flutter
- There is an open feature request to make this easier https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/14230
Hope you guys are enjoying our guides on Flutter Development.
So in this guide, we learned How to downgrade Flutter SDK.
Drop us your valuable suggestion/feedback to serve you better.
Flutter Agency is our portal Platform dedicated to Flutter Technology and Flutter Developers. The portal is full of cool resources from Flutter like Flutter Widget Guide, Flutter Projects, Code libs and etc.
Flutter Agency is one of the most popular online portals dedicated to Flutter Technology and daily thousands of unique visitors come to this portal to enhance their knowledge of Flutter.